Making a Great Hire
TIP OF THE WEEK
Hiring the right employee comes down to three things: screening, screening, and screening. These tips will help you select the right applicant for the job.
- Write a realistic job description.
- Solicit referrals.
- Read résumés with a critical eye.
- Check references.
- Perform background checks.
- Conduct personality testing.
- Screen over the phone prior to investing in an in person interview.
- Consider "temp to perm."
This week's tip contributed by Carlyn Burns, president of Prolyn Executive Search, striving to deliver the best in high-value, quality and efficient recruitment services exclusively in the window and door industry, nationwide.
Contact Carlyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 866/566-2372.