Crystal Achievement Awards: Program Details
Window & Door's annual Crystal Achievement Awards recognize residential window and door manufacturers and component suppliers for their contributions to the industry.
Here, you will find basic information about the awards program and guidelines for nominations, as well as information on the judging process.
The deadline for all nominations is Friday, May 27, 2016.
- Most Innovative Window: recognizes a new and unique approach to the function, design and/or aesthetics of residential windows (manufactured using any type of material)
- NEW! Most Innovative Patio, Multi-Slide or Multi-Panel Door: recognizes a new and/or unique approach to the function, design and/or aesthetics of a patio door or multi-slide/panel product (manufactured using any type of material)
- NEW! Most Innovative Manufacturing Process: recognizes a manufacturer’s unique approach to the manufacture of windows and/or doors via incorporating automation, advanced manufacturing technologies or lean manufacturing techniques
- NEW! Best Dealer Support Program: recognizes a manufacturer’s commitment to supporting its dealer network by providing training/education, marketing materials, digital/mobile apps, displays, leads programs, rewards/benefit incentives and any other unique provisions
- Most Innovative Window Component: recognizes a new and unique approach to the function, design, installation and/or aesthetics of residential window components
- Most Innovative Door Component: recognizes a new and unique approach to the function, design, installation and/or aesthetics of residential entry door, patio door and/or multi-panel/slide components
- Most Innovative Machine/Equipment: recognizes advancements in manufacturing technology at any stage in the process of the manufacture of residential windows and/or doors (including frame, sash, door fabrication, glass/insulating glass processing, etc.)
- NEW! Unique Innovation: recognizes an innovative approach to window and/or door function or design not covered in other award categories (including components, accessories, software programs, machinery, etc.)
*Editors reserve the right to reallocate submissions to different categories as appropriate.
To nominate a company or product, fill out the nomination form online. The deadline for all nominations is Friday, May 27, 2016.
It is important to provide specific details on why you think the company or product is deserving of a Crystal Achievement Award. Once the May 27 deadline has passed, descriptions are then compiled and sent to our panel of judges to be evaluated.
You are welcome to nominate more than one product or company, but please do not submit the same product or company more than once.
The Crystal Achievement Awards are determined by a panel of judges. Judges include previous winners and a broad mix of executives, consultants and personnel involved in product development, marketing, production, sales and distribution. Judges are not allowed to vote for their own companies.
Specific criteria for each award category are supplied to the judges and all nominees per category are evaluated agains the same standards. Judges also have access to all nomination forms, so it is important to be thorough when you fill out the form.
Company employees are allowed/encouraged to submit nominations on behalf of their companies. Suppliers, dealers and customers can also nominate their partners. Please do not submit the same nomination for inclusion in multiple categories, nor multiple times in the same category. (The quantity of entries does not influence the judging process at all.) Total number of nominations is limited to two per company.
Products must have been introduced in the past 24 months (after April 2014). All entries must be applicable specifically to the residential market. Commercial products will not be considered. Crossover products will be considered only if the nomination focuses clearly on the residential applications of the product.
It is extremely important to be specific and thorough in your nomination. Provide as many pictures, videos, testimonials and other supporting materials as you can. While judges review entries against specific criteria, an entry is only as good as its nomination. Click here for FAQs, click here for more tips on submitting a winning entry.
You may read about the 2015 Crystal Achievement Award recipients here.
For more information, questions or comments about the Crystal Achievement Awards, please contact Emily Thompson, editor of Window and Door magazine, at 703/442-4890 x150.