EPA Fines 17 Firms for LRRP Violations
The Environmental Protection Agency announced enforcement actions against 17 more companies for violations of the Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting rule today. Violations included failure to obtain certification prior to performing or offering to perform renovation activities on pre-1978 homes, failure to provide lead hazard information to home or building owners, and failure to follow lead-safe work practices.
The 17 enforcement actions listed below include 14 administrative settlements assessing civil penalties of up to $23,000. These settlements also required the contractors to certify that they had come into compliance with the requirements of the RRP rule. Additionally, EPA filed three administrative complaints seeking civil penalties of up to the statutory maximum of $37,500 per violation, it reports.
Details about the latest actions are on the EPA website. Companies named by the EPA include:
- Groeller Painting, Inc. of St. Louis, Mo.
- Albracht Permasiding & Window Co. of Omaha, Neb.
- Midwest College Painters LLC of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- ARK Property Investments LLC of Richmond, Ind.
- Henderson & Associates Services of Largo, Fla.
- Home Resources Management LLC of Columbia, Tenn.
- Camaj Interiors & Exteriors of Jacksonville, Fla.
- Cherokee Home Improvements LLC of Church Creek, Md.
- Window World of Harford located in Belair, Md.
- EA Construction & General Contracting of West Chester, Pa.
- Roman Builders of Morton, Pa.
- Accolade Construction Group Inc. of New York
- PZ Painting of Springfield, N.J.
- Creative Renovations of Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Reeson Construction of Webster, N.H.
- New Hampshire Plate Glass Corp. of Portsmouth, N.H.
- CM Rogers Handyman of Manchester, N.H.
“Using lead-safe work practices is good business and it’s the law,” said Cynthia Giles, assistant administrator for EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance. “EPA is taking action to enforce lead rules to protect people from exposure to lead and to ensure a level playing field for contractors that follow the rules.”