WDMA Annual Technical Conference to Feature EPA Lead Paint Rule Address
June 4, 2014
Meetings & Events
The Window & Door Manufacturers Association Annual Technical Conference, to be held June 17-19 in Pittsburgh, will feature a keynote address from Mike Wilson, environmental protection specialist from the Environmental Protection Agency. The address, "EPA's Lead Paint Rule—What's Happening Now and What's to Come," will update meeting attendees on the latest developments of the regulations applicable to renovations and repair, as well as EPA's plans for expanding the rule to cover all commercial and public buildings.
Other featured speakers and addresses include:
- Jerry Yudelson, president, Green Building Initiative Inc.: The Future of the Green Building Initiative
- Dan Johnson, director of Regional Operations, Architectural Testing Inc./ Intertek: What is a mullion? How are Mulled Assemblies Tested and Rated Per Hallmark Certification?
- Window & Door columnist Jim Snyder, project/product consultant, WindowJim: A Forecast of Fenestration Replacement: Challenge or Opportunity
- Eric Stafford, principal, T.E. Stafford & Associates: Understanding ASCE 7-10 Wind Design for Building Code Compliance & Using the 0.6 Multiplier
- Robert Slater, vice president of Building Automation & Solid Wood Systems, Stiles Machinery: Latest Developments in Scanning Technology
- Jeff Baker, technical director, WESTLAB: Where has NAFS been Adopted in Canada and are they Enforcing it?
- Luis Fernandes, Window & Building Envelope Materials Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: Characterizing and Optimizing the Energy Performance of Façade Systems
- Bill Lingwell, Lingnell Consulting Services: A Review and Study of Thermal Stress Conditions in Glass
- Heather Gadonniex, director of Business Development Built Environment, PE International: 2014 Trends: A Focus on Sustainability to Drive Building Product Manufacturer Revenue
- Jeff Inks, Vice President of Code & Regulatory Affairs, WDMA: Exterior Product EPD Development
- Jeff Lowinski, Vice President of Technical Services, WDMA: Architectural Door EPD Development