WDMA Planning Technical Conference
Meetings & Events
The Window & Door Manufacturers Association has issued a call for papers for its 14th Technical Conference, scheduled for June 26-28 at the Hotel Sofitel Minneapolis in Bloomington, Minn. The event features two and a half days of informative technical sessions, as well as table-top exhibits, networking sessions and an off-site tour of a manufacturing facility.
WDMA is currently soliciting presentations and technical papers, it notes, with each to be allotted one hour, including a question-and-answer session. Abstracts need to be submitted to Jeff Lowinski (email@example.com) by March 30.
Potential subject areas WDMA is considering include:
- Technology Transfer: Opportunities, case histories, and "how-to" examples of applied research outreach from government laboratories or sponsored research.
- Quality Assurance and Reliability: Practical testing research for components and systems; test methods and correlations to real-life reliability; data and case studies.
- Productivity Improvement, Automation, Strategic Outsourcing: Lean processes and examples from industry, safety improvement, case studies, zero waste, etc.
- Technology Trends/Sustainability: Technology drivers; new technology assessments and review methods; environmental issues and pressures within the U.S. and abroad; conservation and recycling; product development research; applied science; new technology.
- Codes, Standards, and Testing: Code and regulatory issues affecting the industry.
More information on the event is expected to be on the WDMA website soon.