WDMA Seeking Papers for Annual Technical Conference
March 21, 2013
Meetings & Events
The Window and Door Manufacturers Association Annual Technical Conference will take place at the Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel, June 4-6, 2013.
The three-day event will feature sessions on current industry research, trends in manufacturing processes and procedures, and emerging product technologies. Breakout sessions will focus on topics relevant to the window and architectural door segments of the industry, in addition to others. More information, including an updated program, registration, sponsorship, and exhibit opportunities, will be available in early April on the WDMA website.
WDMA is currently soliciting presentations and technical papers for the conference. Interested parties can submit e-mail abstracts and a brief biography to Jeff Lowinski, VP of Technical Services, by Monday, March 25, 2013. Potential subject areas for presentations include:
- Technology Transfer: Opportunities, case histories, and "how-to" examples of applied research outreach from government laboratories or sponsored research.
- Quality Assurance and Reliability: Practical testing research for components and systems, test methods and correlations to real-life reliability, data and case studies.
- Productivity Improvement, Automation, Strategic Outsourcing: Lean processes & examples from industry, safety improvement, case studies, zero waste, etc.
- Technology Trends/Sustainability: Technology drivers, new technology assessments and review methods, environmental issues and pressures within the US and abroad, conservation and recycling, product development research, applied science, new technology.
- Codes, Standards, and Testing: Code and regulatory issues affecting the industry.