EPA Recognizes ProVia for Innovations in Energy Efficient Door Manufacturing
March 8, 2013
ProVia announced it has been named a 2013 Energy Star Partner of the Year for its innovations in energy efficient door manufacturing. This U.S. Environmental Protection Agency award recognizes the company for its contributions in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and educating consumers about energy efficiency. ProVia’s accomplishments will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., on March 26, 2013.
ProVia's achievements in energy efficient door manufacturing include:
- increasing the number of Energy Star qualified door packages in 2012 by 7.4 percent
- adding insulating foam-filling technology to the WX9600 series vinyl sliding glass patio doors, improving thermal performance.
- printing a custom, color NFRC/Energy Star label for every product, to eliminate confusion for consumers.
- training salespeople at 89 percent of dealer locations, a 62 percent increase over 2011.
- offering a two-day Installer Certification Program to teach proper door installation and sealing.
- launching a children’s educational campaign to show young consumers how to save energy and be environmentally responsible.
“Our partnership with Energy Star allows us to provide high quality products that help consumers save energy and money,” says ProVia President Brian Miller. “We see growing demand for high-performing products that also help protect the environment.”