NFRC Spring 2014 Ballot Cycle Underway
February 18, 2014
The National Fenestration Rating Council opened the spring 2014 ballot cycle for comment by current NFRC members on Feb. 7. The NFRC will present and discuss the results at the spring 2014 Committee Week meeting, March 24-26, in Memphis, Tenn.
The items up for comment include:
- Ventilation Ratings Ballot for NFRC 401 specifies a method for calculating a Ventilation Rating for fenestration products. The document would allow an optional rating that can assist manufacturers to communicate the standardized potential of ventilation.
- NFRC 100 Actual Size Ballot proposes to remove references to actual size in the NFRC 100, section 126.96.36.199.3.D., which does not define the term, and replace it with new proposed language.
- NFRC 100 CMA Improved Algorithm Ballot modifies algorithms in the CMA. According to NFRC, this proposed change will result in CMA U-factor whole-product ratings that are closer to traditional, site-built U-factor ratings.
- NFRC 700 Composite Unit Ballot modifies the NFRC 700: Product Certification Program document language to include and clarify the labeling requirements of composite unit products composed of product types listed in NFRC 100, Table 4-3.
- NFRC 700 Remove Commercial Site-Built Ballot modifies the NFRC 700: Product Certification Program document for the purpose of identifying those products that cannot be rated in the NFRC 700 program, and those products which would need to be rated through the NFRC 705 program.
- NFRC 705 Actual Size Ballot modifies the NFRC 705: Component Modeling Approach-Product Certification Program document to modify the term “actual size” to a more appropriate term, “specified size.”
- NFRC 705 SAP Qualifications Ballot modifies the NFRC 705: Component Modeling Approach-Product Certification Program document for the purpose of removing the ACE Calculation Review from the NFRC 705.
- NFRC 705 Section 4 1 3 Ballot modifies the NFRC 705: Component Modeling Approach-Product Certification Program document for the purpose of identifying those products which cannot be rated in the NFRC 705 program, and those products which would need to be rated through the NFRC 700 program.
Though only NFRC members in good standing are eligible to vote on NFRC ballots, non-members are able to review the ballots to determine how possible changes may affect them. Ballots are open for comment through close of business Thursday, Feb. 27. Non-members who would like to add comments may contact Jessica Finn, NFRC membership coordinator, by e-mail or by phone at 240/821-9512, for details.
Registration for the meeting is now open. Discounted early-bird registration ends on March 7, 2014. For those interested, the NFRC also will offer a virtual meeting this year. Meeting details and links are available by choosing “Meetings” from the NFRC website.