NLBMDA Elects New Leaders
The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association installed its new leadership team on October 24 at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Savannah, Ga. At its annual meeting, the NLBMDA board of directors elected Chuck Bankston, owner of Bankston Lumber in Barnesville, Ga., as the new chair, replacing outgoing chair Cally Coleman Fromme of Zarsky Lumber in Victoria, Texas.
"Since its founding 95 years ago, the NLBMDA has championed the building material industry and brought dealers' voices into the halls of power in Washington, D.C. I am honored to follow in the steps of our past leaders as I take the chairmanship and work to protect our vital job-creating industry. I feel very good about our sector and the improving housing conditions our nation is starting to see. Now we must consolidate these gains and prepare the ground work for future growth," says Bankston. "Next month's election will determine what we can do over the next year and we hope to bring about a return to common-sense regulation in banking, labor relations, and tax policy. While we focus on bringing our dealer's voices to Capitol Hill, I will also ensure that we continue to build our education efforts so that our lumber and building material suppliers can make their businesses even better as we continue our build our way toward a better economy in 2013."
"I am proud to have Chuck step up to chair the NLBMDA. His passion for the industry and our dealers will certainly guide him as he pushes for a pro-business agenda over the next year. Chuck's experience making Bankston Lumber profitable year after year will serve him well as he guides this great association towards its hundredth year. He knows how to make a great organization even better," says Michael O'Brien, NLBMDA president. "I also want to recognize Cally Coleman Fromme for the outstanding leadership and commitment she has provided to the association and her perseverance in moving NLBMDA forward as our members have moved out of the housing recession."
Other members serving on the 2012-2013 NLBMDA executive committee are:
- Chris Yenrick, Smith-Phillips Building Supply, Winston-Salem, N.C., chair elect
- J.D. Saunders, Economy Lumber, Campbell, Calif., first vice chair
- Scott Yates, Denver Lumber, Denver, Colo., second vice chair
- Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber Co., Huntington, N.Y., treasurer
- Roger Dankel, Simpson Strong-Tie, McKinney, Texas, Manufacturers & Services Council chair
- Paula Siewert, Northwestern Lumber Association, Minneapolis, Minn., Federated Association Executives chair
- Cally Coleman Fromme, Zarsky Lumber, Victoria, Texas, immediate past chair
- Michael O'Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C., president