Special Thanks to our 2012 Crystal Achievement Award Judges
The following window and door executives, representing suppliers, distributors, dealers and manufacturers, served as judges in the technology categories for the 2012 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door would like to thank them for the time and effort they invested to make these awards representative of the industry's best:
- Douglas Adams, Industry Consultant
- Ken Barman, ViWintech Windows & Doors
- Ernie Cappello, Window-Fix Inc.
- Chris Cooper, Joseph Machine Co.
- Ron Crowl, Fenetech Inc.
- Alicia Dedman, Detering & Co.
- Steve Dillon, Veka Inc.
- Scott Gates, Western Window Systems
- Amber Grayson, Grayson Group Sales & Marketing
- Craig Heinberg, Ashland Hardware Systems
- Jon Hill, Keystone Certifications
- Andy Hodge, Winsys/Friedman Corp.
- Axel Husen, Interlock USA
- Larry Johnson, Quanex Building Products
- Kimberley Kenzevich, Amesbury
- Tony Kesicke, Vista Window Co.
- Scott Knisely, Bystronic Glass
- Greg Koch, Rehau Inc.
- Matt Kottke, Truth Hardware
- Jim Lett, ABE Doors & Windows
- Nick Lipp, EDTM Inc.
- Bob Maynes, Mathews Brothers
- Todd Metz, Timeline Windows & Doors
- Angela Palmer, Thermal Industries
- Tony Pauly, Ventana USA
- Jonathan Sagner, Premier Window & Building Inc.
- Matt Samson, Harvey Building Products
- S. Joseph Shaheen, GED Integrated Solutions
- Peini Spinazzola, Plastpro Inc.
- Michael Sugrue, Winchester Industries
- Jason Wadal, Urban Machinery
- David Winter, Highmark Digital
- Amy Zimmerman, Jeld-Wen Inc.
The following manufacturing executives, representing companies previously honored with an award for Most Innovative Plant, served as judges in the manufacturing categories for the 2012 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative plant and machinery categories.
Crystal Window & Door Systems
Champion Windows Manufacturing
The following marketing and PR executives served as judges in the marketring categories for the 2012 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative marketing program, product literature and Web site categories.
Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork
Durabuilt Windows & Doors
Window World Inc.
The Fine Print–How the Winners are Selected
To truly determine the industry's most innovative products, companies, organizations and technologies, Window & Door gathers a broad range of input for our Crystal Achievement award program. To do this, we solicit a wide range of manufacturers, dealers, distributors, suppliers and others, representing all segments of the industry, to serve as judges.
We also invite previous winners, recognized innovators themselves, to vote on these awards. Executives involved in the wood, vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, steel and composites segments of the industry, as well as suppliers of glass and glazing products, hardware, software and equipment, participate. We have judges involved primarily in windows and patio doors, as well as representatives from the entry door business.
Each judge receives a package of nominatons, submitted by magazine readers and others, and is anked to rank the nominees in each category they choose to judge. For our manufacturing and marketing categories, we use smaller panels of judges, which allows us to provide them with sample materials and/or more detailed information.
Judges cannot vote for their own companies. Winners are chosen based on cumulative rankings of the judges.
Window & Door wants to make the Crystal Achievement Awards truly represent the industry's best, and each year we look to gather as much industry input as possible. Participating as a judge can be a rewarding experience, so if you are interested in judging next year's program, contact John Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.