Special Thanks to our 2013 Crystal Achievement Award Judges
The following window and door executives, representing suppliers, distributors, dealers and manufacturers, served as judges in the technology categories for the 2013 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door would like to thank them for the time and effort they invested to make these awards representative of the industry's best:
- Ken Barman, Sprouse Windows & Doors
- Mike Biffl, Stürtz Machinery
- Ernie Cappello, Window-Fix Inc.
- Mick Celmer, Armaclad Windows & Doors
- Jonathan Chauvette, Eugenie Canada
- Freddie Cole, ITW Sealants Polymers North America
- Ron Crowl, Fenetech Inc.
- Alan DeMello, Ultrafab Inc.
- George Digman, Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co. Inc.
- Steve Dillon, Veka Inc.
- Laura Doerger Roberts, Vinylmax
- Scott Gates, Western Window Systems
- Wayne Gorell, Gorell Consulting
- David L. Harris, American Renolit
- Henry Hay, Muhler Co.
- Axel Husen, Interlock USA
- April Lucas, Hurd Windows & Doors
- Matt Kottke, Truth Hardware
- Phil Lewin, Vinyl Window Designs
- Bob Maynes, Mathews Brothers
- Todd Metz, Timeline Windows & Doors
- Terry Newcomb, Thermal Windows
- Kevin O'Connor, Brio USA
- Carole Reams, PGT Industries
- John Robinson, John Robinson Design
- Edward San Juan, E.F. San Juan Inc.
- S. Joseph Shaheen, GED Integrated Solutions
- Jim Snyder, Industry Consultant
- Peini Spinazzola, Plastpro Inc.
- Michael Sugrue, Winchester Industries
- John Tremble, Window & Door Ware
- Jesse Villareal, Bella Fleur Corp.
- Jason Wadal, Urban Machinery
The following manufacturing executives, representing companies previously honored with an award for Most Innovative Plant, served as judges in the manufacturing categories for the 2013 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative plant and machinery categories.
Crystal Window & Door Systems
Northeast Building Products
The following marketing and PR executives served as judges in the marketring categories for the 2013 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative marketing program, product literature and Web site categories.
MI Windows & Doors
The Fine Print–How the Winners are Selected
To truly determine the industry's most innovative products, companies, organizations and technologies, Window & Door gathers a broad range of input for our Crystal Achievement award program. To do this, we solicit a wide range of manufacturers, dealers, distributors, suppliers and others, representing all segments of the industry, to serve as judges.
We also invite previous winners, recognized innovators themselves, to vote on these awards. Executives involved in the wood, vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, steel and composites segments of the industry, as well as suppliers of glass and glazing products, hardware, software and equipment, participate. We have judges involved primarily in windows and patio doors, as well as representatives from the entry door business.
Each judge receives a package of nominations, submitted by magazine readers and others, and is asked to rank the nominees in each category they choose to judge. For our manufacturing and marketing categories, we use smaller panels of judges, which allows us to provide them with sample materials and/or more detailed information.
Judges cannot vote for their own companies. Winners are chosen based on cumulative rankings of the judges.
Window & Door wants to make the Crystal Achievement Awards truly represent the industry's best, and each year we look to gather as much industry input as possible. Participating as a judge can be a rewarding experience, so if you are interested in judging next year's program, contact John Swanson at email@example.com.