Ply Gem

 
   
 

Headquarters: Cary, NC

Product Lines:  Vinyl, wood, wood-composite, aluminum, aluminum-clad and vinyl-clad windows and patio doors.

Employees: 4,300

Web Sites: www.plygem.com, www.plygemwindows.com, www.greatlakeswindow.com, www.plygem.ca

2012 Top 100 Sales Range Category: $500 Million to $1 Billion

General Information: The manufacturer of residential exterior building products operates two main business units, with siding, fencing and stone accounting for about 60 percent of Ply Gem’s sales and windows and doors the other 40 percent. Previously manufacturing windows and doors under the Alenco, CWD, Great Lakes, Insulate, MW and Patriot brands, it now offers its wood, aluminum, vinyl and aluminum-clad products under the Ply Gem Windows, Great Lakes Window and Ply Gem Canada names.

Selling its products through short-line and two-step distributors, pro dealers, home improvement dealers and big box retailers, Ply Gem operates window plants in Walbridge, Ohio; Rocky Mount, Va.; Bryan, Texas; Peachtree City, Ga.; Corona and Sacramento, Calif.; Auburn, Wash.; and Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

In 2011, Ply Gem introduced the Designed Exterior Collection,bringing together its various exterior building products to create homes in a variety of architectural styles. The manufacturer also expanded its R-5 options to meet Phase II requirements of the DOE’s High Performance Windows Volume Purchase Program and also launched the Great Lakes ecoSmart line of high-performance products targeted at the replacement market. Owned by CI Capital Partners LLC, a New York-based private equity firm, Ply Gem announced plans to go public in 2010, but it has not set a date for its IPO. For its 2010 fiscal year, Ply Gem recorded total annual sales of about $995 million.


Ply Gem's window manufacturing plant in Rocky Mount, Va.

 

Back to Alphabetical Top 100 Listings

Back to Top 100 Rankings by Sales Range Category