Ply Gem

 
   
 

Headquarters: Cary, NC

Product Lines:  Vinyl, wood, wood-composite, aluminum, aluminum-clad and vinyl-clad windows and patio doors.

Employees: 4,300

Web Sites: www.plygem.com, www.plygemwindows.com, www.greatlakeswindow.com, www.plygem.ca

2013 Top 100 Sales Range Category: $500 Million to $1 Billion

General Information: The manufacturer of residential exterior building products operates two main business units, with siding, fencing and stone accounting for about 60 percent of Ply Gem’s sales, and windows and doors the other 40 percent. In 2012, Ply Gem expanded its Rocky Mount plant in Virginia with a capital investment to improve manufacturing efficiencies with new extrusion tooling, equipment, products and information technology. The company also introduced The Designed Exterior Studio by Ply Gem, an online visualizer tool designed to help homeowners and professionals envision the possibilities of exterior home design.

In the beginning of 2013, the manufacturer launched the Ply Gem Windows 1500 Vinyl Collection for the East Coast. The new line is designed to simplify product selection for builders through a consolidation of Ply Gem Windows’ multiple vinyl window options into one platform. Previously manufacturing windows and doors under the Alenco, CWD, Great Lakes, Insulate, MW and Patriot brands, Ply Gem now offers its wood, aluminum, vinyl and aluminum-clad products under the Ply Gem Windows, Great Lakes Window and Ply Gem Canada names. Selling its products through short-line and two-step distributors, pro dealers, home improvement dealers and big box retailers, Ply Gem operates window plants in Walbridge, Ohio; Rocky Mount, Va.; Bryan, Texas; Peachtree City, Ga.; Corona and Sacramento, Calif.; Auburn, Wash.; and Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Owned primarily by CI Capital Partners LLC, a New York-based private equity firm, Ply Gem recorded total sales of about $1.03 billion for 2011.

 

Back to Alphabetical Top 100 Listings

Back to Top 100 Rankings by Sales Range Category